R.I.P. Wilford Brimley

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Greg
Tenured

Re: R.I.P. Wilford Brimley

Post by Greg »

Big Magilla wrote:His best performance was in 1981's Absence of Malice.
"The second thing is I'm going to leave this office with somebody's ass in my briefcase," is a perfect Brimley line.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Reza wrote:A great actor who was amazingly never recognized by any of the major awards groups.
He is the sort of actor that SAG should be giving lifetime achievement awards to. I think Charles Durning was one of the best ever choices SAG made for their Lifetime Achievement Award.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

It seems like he came into the world as a septuagenarian, or at least middle-aged.

Just for reference: Wilford Brimley in Cocoon is younger by a few years than Tom Cruise was when he filmed both of his recent Mission: Impossible movies. When Brimley filmed his role in The Firm, he was the same age that Cruise is now, as he's filming the next Mission: Impossible movie.

Very solid actor. Would've loved to have seen him get a leading role that fully showcased his talent and charm, maybe along the lines of Farnsworth in The Straight Story, but even in supporting roles, he's always worth watching.
Last edited by dws1982 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

A great actor who was amazingly never recognized by any of the major awards groups.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

His best performance was in 1981's Absence of Malice.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Wilford Brimley

Post by Precious Doll »

Much deservedly respected character actor Wilford Brimley has passed away:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/wilford-br ... 203001716/
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”