R.I.P. Stuart Whitman

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Stuart Whitman

Post by Sabin »

Mister Tee wrote
I honestly had no idea he was still around. I coincidentally just watched An American Dream a week or two ago --a fairly terrible movie that's sadly reflective of most of his filmography. He's a perfectly decent but not particularly distinctive actor, who had an extensive list of credit,s with almost no movies anyone cares about.
Basically what you're saying is "He was a working actor."

I've read these quotes:
"I've had to battle and say what is an actor? It's a fellow who plays someone else. But now I realize it's the image that makes a star. John Wayne is a great example of a super actor. Gary Cooper is another one. My image? I think it's being free and easy and all man. I say to myself I want to become an actor, I want to lose myself in each role. But that's not the way to become an actor."
Whitman's private fortune continued to grow on a combination of his property developments and acting income.
"I didn't need to act to make a living, but had a real passion for it – I just loved to act."
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Stuart Whitman

Post by Mister Tee »

I honestly had no idea he was still around. I coincidentally just watched An American Dream a week or two ago --a fairly terrible movie that's sadly reflective of most of his filmography. He's a perfectly decent but not particularly distinctive actor, who had an extensive list of credit,s with almost no movies anyone cares about.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Stuart Whitman

Post by Precious Doll »

Oscar nominated actor for The Mark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Whitman
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”