R.I.P. Kirk Douglas

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Kirk Douglas

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote:From the N.Y. Post obituary:

"The only catalogue to, perhaps, rival his extensive acting career is the list of starlets he romanced over the decades, which includes Joan Crawford, Linda Darnell, Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, Evelyn Keyes, Marilyn Maxwell, Patricia Neal, Ann Sothern and Gene Tierney, he wrote in his autobiography."

Starlets? Most of them were bigger stars than he was when he "romanced" them.
.....and then there was Natalie :cry:
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:From the N.Y. Post obituary:

"The only catalogue to, perhaps, rival his extensive acting career is the list of starlets he romanced over the decades, which includes Joan Crawford, Linda Darnell, Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, Evelyn Keyes, Marilyn Maxwell, Patricia Neal, Ann Sothern and Gene Tierney, he wrote in his autobiography."

All the more impressive.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

From the N.Y. Post obituary:

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Mister Tee wrote:Time to change your "last in In Memoriam" prediction

When I was a kid, Kirk Douglas -- along with Burt Lancaster/Paul Newman -- was the absolute epitome of the male movie star.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... cus-670526
Ha! I will the first to make that prediction without having had to change it from someone else, although it's possible they've planned the montage to include a big finale leading into a planned tribute to give Kobe Bryant.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

R.I.P. Kirk Douglas

Post by Mister Tee »

Time to change your "last in In Memoriam" prediction

When I was a kid, Kirk Douglas -- along with Burt Lancaster/Paul Newman -- was the absolute epitome of the male movie star.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... cus-670526

Return to “The People”