R.I.P. Marie-José Nat

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

R.I.P. Marie-José Nat

Post by Reza »

Marie-José Nat, a leading actress in the 1960s and 1970s died on Thursday, October 10 in Paris. She was 79.

Her career was split between the big screen and the small skylight. Marie-José Nat, well-known figure of TV and cinema in the 60s and 70s, died this Thursday in Paris after a long illness. She was 79.

The actress was born in Bonifacio in 1940 to a Kabyle father and a Corsican mother was led by directors known as Henri-Georges Clouzot, Gérard Oury or Claude Autant-Lara. This woman with eyes and very dark hair had the 1974 prize for female interpretation in Cannes for Les Violons du Bal by Michel Drach, autobiographical story of the director with whom she shared her life more for a decade.

Before that, he had offered in 1967 one of his finest roles in Elise or Real Life the story of a young girl in love with a Algerian militant from the FLN (National Liberation Front, in the fight for Algerian independence), who made controversy then.

Marie-José Nat worked also for television, which in the hit series The People of Mogador saga in 13 episodes, was broadcast from 1972.

She had married again in 2005 with the author and painter Serge Rezvani, known to the public for being the author of famous songs, including I have the memory that flanked and The whirlwind of life interpreted by Jeanne Moreau

Return to “The People”