R.I.P. Edward Lewis

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Edward Lewis

Post by Big Magilla »

His credits far exceeded hers but according to the daughter they worked hand-in-hand for 73 years so it's safe to assume that she worked with him on many of those other projects.

Not only is there no information on Mildred's passing, it's take almost three weeks since Edward's death for the Hollywood Reporter to catch up with the news and that only due to a submission by the couple's daughter. The Lewises were clearly out of the limelight.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

I couldn't find anything on the web about Mildred Lewis passing away aside for the mention in some of her husbands obituaries. She too was Oscar nominated as co-producer of Missing with her husband.

The interview with them on the Criterion edition of Missing is great by the way.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

For someone not generally well known, Lewis and his wife Mildred had an impressive list credits, indeed. She died in April at 98. He was 99.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Edward Lewis

Post by Precious Doll »

Oscar nominated producer (Missing) who had a small but impressive list of credits:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 99-1231008
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”