R.I.P. Tab Hunter

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Tab Hunter

Post by Reza »

Precious Doll wrote:I must get around to reading his autobiography thats sitting in my very large 'to be read' pile.
Tab Hunter's book is well worth reading. A solid companion piece to the documentary you mentioned.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Tab Hunter Confidential is one of the best ever films made about an actor. Really covers everything you could possibly know about him both professionally and privately.

I feel he was very underrated in some of his earlier films, notably Track of the Cat & Gunman's Walk. It was great he got a second career and got to show his flare for comedy in films like Polyester, Grease 2 & Lust in the Dust.

I've long been curious to see him in Sweet Kill (1972), the first feature by Curtis Hanson.

Some celebrity deaths are like a punch to the gut and this is one of them. I must get around to reading his autobiography thats sitting in my very large 'to be read' pile.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Nice that his documentary gave him renewed fame in his later years. The last publicity picture taken of him was with the cast of Book Club less than two months ago.

That leaves his contemporaries Clint Eastwood, Don Murray and Robert Wagner as the only surviving male stars who came into their own in the 1950s. Several other contemporaries survive, but Dean Stockwell was already a star, having been a child star in the 1940s and Richard Chamberlain didn't emerge until the 1960s.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Tab Hunter

Post by Precious Doll »

"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”