R.I.P. Jóhann Jóhannsson

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Jóhann Jóhannsson

Post by Sabin »

What a loss. We still have one more year of his contributions to cinema to enjoy.
"How's the despair?"
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

So sad. He was right at the point in his career where he was starting to rack up one major film assignment after another, and it would have been easy to imagine him becoming a staple in the Original Score category for years to come. And he was so young! :(
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

A posthumous nomination and win is not out of the question. He has three yet to be released films in the can. Ironically, one of them is Mercy about the mysterious death of sailor Donald Crowhurst, played by Colin Firth, in a film directed by The Theory of Everything's James Marsh.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

This is obviously from the blue, and thus shocking and sad.

As might be remembered, I didn't care for his Theory of Everything score, but I thought his work with Villeneuve was first-rate. Sorry that his last Oscar memory is of being disqualified-out of a nod for Arrival. And that the very possible future win will now never happen.
dws1982
Emeritus

R.I.P. Jóhann Jóhannsson

Post by dws1982 »

Just breaking.

He was only 48.

From his official Facebook page:
It is with profound sadness that we confirm the passing of our dear friend Jóhann. We have lost one of the most talented and brilliant people who we had the privilege of knowing and working with. May his music continue to inspire us.
– Redbird Music Management

Return to “The People”