R.I.P. Ty Hardin

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Ty Hardin

Post by Big Magilla »

Ty Hardin was given his screen name by Henry Willson, the notorious talent agent who also renamed Rock Hudson, Tab Hunter and other beefcake stars of the 1950s. George Cukor was obsessed with him during the film of 1962's The Chapman Report in which he played Glynis Johns' young stud who is undressed during most of the film. Based on the best-selling novel about a Kinsey-style sex survey, Jane Fonda, Claire Bloom and Shelley winters do the heavy emoting, while Johns and by extension, Hardin, steal it as the comic relief.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Loved him in Berserk with Joan Crawford. Very good-looking man.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

His real name was Orison Whipple Hungerford Jr.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Can't say I recall ever seeing him in anything, although IMDb tells me I've seen a few movies he was in.
Ty Hardin wrote: "We are a nation founded on Christian principles and values. Even if you don't agree with our system, don't ignore its success, as Christian's believers built the greatest nation this world has ever seen."
Spoken by a man who was divorced seven times and had ten children with six different women.

Not surprisingly for someone who married eight times, Suzanne Pleshette once said that his nickname on the Warner Bros. lot was "Ty Hard-on".
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Ty Hardin

Post by Big Magilla »

Return to “The People”