R.I.P. Barbara Hale

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mike Kelly
Temp

Re: R.I.P. Barbara Hale

Post by Mike Kelly »

I remember her appearing with Amanda Blake (Gunsmoke) and Dorothy Provine (The Roaring 20s) on one of the variety shows in the 60s where the three of them did a number showcasing their characters - "I'm Kitty, I'm Pinky, I'm Della"
They're all gone now.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Depends how you define important.

On the big screen, no, although she was enjoyable in the late 1940s-early 1950s. I especially liked her in The Clay Pigeon, a 1949 film noir in which she stars opposite her husband, Bill Williams.

On the small screen, though, if Raymond Burr was the head, she was the heart of Perry Mason in her Emmy-winning portrayal of Della Street, a role she played as late as 1995 and good-naturedly gave interviews about long after. If you happen to catch any of the 8 out of 271 episodes of the original series in which she does not appear, you really miss her.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Obviously not an Important Actress. But for those of us of an age, another bit of our childhood slipping away.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Barbara Hale

Post by Big Magilla »

Return to “The People”