1970 Harvard Lampoon Movie Worst Awards

1895-1999

What was the worst movie you've seen from Harvard Lampoon's list of the year's worst?

Love Story
No votes
Airport
40%
Patton
No votes
Joe
No votes
Soldier Blue
No votes
Getting Straight
20%
The Strawberry Statement
20%
Little Faus and Big Halsey
20%
Julius Caesar
No votes
The Statue
No votes

Total votes: 5

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: 1970 Harvard Lampoon Movie Worst Awards

Post by Big Magilla »

I couldn't sit through more than a minute of The Statue and I've never seen Little Faus and Big Halsey or the Charlton Heston version of Julius Caesar, so my vote has to go to Getting Straight which I hated even more intensely than Soldier Blue and Joe, neither of which I ever want to see again either.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

1970 Harvard Lampoon Movie Worst Awards

Post by Big Magilla »

Kirk Douglas Award for Worst Actor: Elliot Gould for Getting Straight and dumping Barbra Streisand
Natalie Wood Award for Worst Actress: Ali MacGraw, Love Story
Worst Supporting Actor: Jon Voight, Love Story
Worst Supporting Actress Ruth Gordon, Where's Poppa?
The OK-Doc-Break-the-Arm-Again Award for the most flagrant example of miscasting): Dean Martin, who soberly piloted a 707 to a belly-landing in Airport
Please Get Off the Tojo Award: Daryl F. Zanuck, Tora!Tora! Tora!
The It-Can't-Happen-Here Award (presented to the film that shot a sequence which is geographically closest to the Lampoon castle): Love Story, for showing the American public that the nicest thing about Harvard are Cambridge winters, low-rent housing, Winthrop House, and leukemia
The Harvard Independent (to the film noted for ignominious failure as both art and politics): The Strawberry Statement
The Merino Award: To the frumpy housewife from a frumpy movie, Airport, Maureen O. Stapleton

Return to “The First Century”