No votes
Neil Patrick Harris
No votes

Total votes: 13

anonymous1980
Laureate

Re: Best Oscar Hosting of the Decade

Post by anonymous1980 »

I think Hugh Jackman should be given another shot.

Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and Conan O'Brien probably are in the mix in the next few years. I didn't think Neil Patrick Harris was that bad. He just had bad writers who didn't know how to play to his strengths.
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

Is this now akin to like the NBA Slam Dunk contest and because you'd be the best it is beneath you? I mean wow look at this list...who's next...Colbert, then Kimmel, then Fallon, then Conan, Maher, John Oliver, Key & Peele, Kevin Hart, and so on and so on for the next decade...

The type of list Sonic constructs is exactly what I'm thinking: Clooney or Streep always nail their appearances at these shindigs, which seems to disqualify them from a hosting gig? Martin Short? Matt Damon? Kevin Spacey? Diane Keaton? Emma Thompson?

I'm over the new hot TV personality here to make constant jokes at every turn and spout inferiority
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

For the future..... Glenn Close. Tom Hanks. Michael Douglas. Any veteran actor who is well liked and comfortable in front of an audience.... and who can tell a few jokes, but won't have an excess of jokes written for them. Enough with the comedians and showy entertainers.

Robert Downey Jr. would be aces, but I'm afraid he'd meet the same fate Neil Patrick Harris did.

The name "Martin & Baldwin" sounds like a vintage comic duo. I voted for them.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

I thought for years that Robin Williams would have made for a fantastic host.

Colbert would be good, though as a Bill Maher fan, I would love to see him host, though I doubt that will ever happen. Eddie Murphy would make for a great host, I think, or copy the Globes and have Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I want Stephen Colbert to host.
CalWilliam
Temp

Best Oscar Hosting of the Decade

Post by CalWilliam »

Share your thoughts and write down who do you think should host the Oscars in the future! It's a poll I'm interested in considering how important a good host is for the show's success, no matter now the quality of the films nominated.
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”