Write-in Candidate
No votes

Total votes: 85

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Predict the 2019 Best Actress Nominees

Post by Big Magilla »

The poll has ended.

There were 17 participants - all 17 predicted Renée Zellweger, 16 predicted Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron, 13 predicted Saoirse Ronan and 11 predicted Lupita Nyoung'o, rounding out our top five predictions.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Okri wrote:Based on tallies since I voted

We all seem to agree that Zellweger, Theron and Johansson are the top tier contenders, with Erivo/Ronan/N'yongo the next in line.
I've removed Erivo (in a film little seen outside of the US) and replaced her with Ronan. Little Women is a certified international box office hit with widespread acclaim and Ronan is so much more superior in the lead role than Winona Ryder was in back in 1994. Whilst 1994 is widely regarded as one of the weakest line-up of all time for actress, this year is too by Academy standards so I don't see why Ronan can't make the final five.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Based on tallies since I voted

We all seem to agree that Zellweger, Theron and Johansson are the top tier contenders, with Erivo/Ronan/N'yongo the next in line.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Big Magilla wrote:If our thus far 11 predictions mirror the Academy's thinking, the nominees will include Theron and Zellweger (11 out of 11), Johansson (10 out of 11), Nyong'o (9 out of 11) and either Erivo or Ronan (6 out of 11).
Ronan has now overtaken Erivo by one vote.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

If our thus far 11 predictions mirror the Academy's thinking, the nominees will include Theron and Zellweger (11 out of 11), Johansson (10 out of 11), Nyong'o (9 out of 11) and either Erivo or Ronan (6 out of 11).
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Predict the 2019 Best Actress Nominees

Post by Big Magilla »

I'll do this for all four acting categories.

The Oscar nominations will be announced on January 13th. Let's see if our collective guesses match the Academy's.

The poll will only take 20 options so out of the nineteen possible nominees listed and a write-in, pick five you think will most likely be nominated. If choosing a write-in, it would be helpful to put the name in a comment.

You can change your vote any time you want, just X out the candidate you're eliminating and put your X next to the one you want to designate instead.

The poll will run through January 12th, the day before the nominations are announced.

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”