List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film

For the films of 2019
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film

Post by Precious Doll »

It Must Be Heaven (Palestine)

This a somewhat gentle comedy in which director Elia Suleiman plays a version of himself going on a journey to different parts of the world. Its rather whimsical, easy to watch and rather enjoyable but it does really add up to anything better than a pleasant 90 minutes detour.

Its difficult to say what its chances are.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film

Post by Precious Doll »

I can't be bothered speculating on what may be submitted by countries this year but will comment on films that I have seen as they are announced or as I see them.

Parasite (South Korean)

Its a given that this film will make the shortlist and I'm 99.99% sure it will make the final five primarily based on its pedigree (top prize winner at Cannes & 100% based on 72 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes) and that if other not really Academy friendly highly acclaimed films like Toni Erdmann & The Square can get in there is really very little reason to doubt Parasite will do the same.

A win? Nobody should really be predicting a outright win at this stage with the majority of countries still to announce their submissions of which there will be some very good more Academy friendly films that could make this a nail biting race. Whilst I can't imagine a better film emerging and despite all the praise heaped on the film it does have it detractors and it does spin out in a direction and a manner that it not to everyones liking. We'll just have to see which other films it is likely to be up against once the shortlist is released and then the actual nominees. A sweep of the major critics awards will be a bonus.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Precious Doll
Emeritus

List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film

Post by Precious Doll »

Countries have begun to announce their submissions. First off the rank is Algeria with Papicha.

Link to Wikipedia page which will update as more are announced:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ature_Film

Return to “92nd Academy Awards”