Official list of eligible productions

For the films of 2018
MaxWilder
Graduate

Re: Official list of eligible productions

Post by MaxWilder »

anonymous1980 wrote:In A Quiet Place, they literally listed EVERYONE, including the old man who was literally on-screen for less than a minute before he screams to let the monsters take him.
Some more notables:

Rampage lists everyone, while Skyscraper, Dwayne Johnson's other 2018 release, is a two-hander starring him and Neve Campbell.

Eighth Grade lists Elsie Fisher, Josh Hamilton and the kid who likes all the dipping sauces. Third-billed Emily Robinson (her high-school friend) is left out.

Avengers: Infinity War somehow omitted Zoe Saldana but did list Florence Kasumba. I know all 17 other actors and their character names. Never heard of Florence Kasumba.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs: There are some big names in this movie. They're not listed.

Replicas missed a golden opportunity to list Keanu Reeves twice.

12 Strong lists 10 men.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

MaxWilder wrote:
Some films list seemingly everyone with dialogue, while others are comically severe.
In A Quiet Place, they literally listed EVERYONE, including the old man who was literally on-screen for less than a minute before he screams to let the monsters take him.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

This is the rule:

Producers must submit an Official Screen Credits online form before the deadline; in case it is not submitted by the defined deadline, the film will be ineligible for Academy Awards in any year. The form includes the production credits for all related categories. Then, each form is checked and put in a Reminder List of Eligible Releases.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

To be eligible for the Academy awards, you have to fill out a submission form. The studios likely put the list of names on there.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
MaxWilder
Graduate

Post by MaxWilder »

FilmFan720 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know how those cast lists are made up? I was shocked that only 4 actors are listed for Buster Scruggs
I have no idea who makes the lists or why they’re even there.

It’s not an eligibility thing; anyone in an eligible film can be nominated. And it’s not a for-your-consideration thing, since there’s no direction on where (leading or supporting) to nominate the listed actors.

Some films list seemingly everyone with dialogue, while others are comically severe. Only Cumberbatch made the Grinch list!
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how those cast lists are made up? I was shocked that only 4 actors are listed for Buster Scruggs
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
MaxWilder
Graduate

Official list of eligible productions

Post by MaxWilder »

The films of 2018, according to AMPAS. Time to count how many I've seen so far...

https://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/fil ... r_list.pdf

Return to “91st Academy Awards”