Live Action: Bohemian Rhapsody
Animation: Isle of Dogs
"How's the despair?"
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Cinema Audio Society Nominations

Post by Sabin »

Mister Tee wrote
Some folks over at Awards Daily are trying to sell this as a "shocking miss" for Roma. To which I reply, have you ever looked at this category before? This is classic representation for the group -- two music films, an acclaimed blockbuster, an outer space movie, and a movie centered on the very idea of sound. I know critics praised Roma's sound mix, but the idea that this bunch of techies would go for a subtitled art film instead of movies like this is counter-historical.
If they're trying to sell Roma losing this award as a "shocking miss," then what was A Star is Born at the Golden Globes last Sunday?
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: Cinema Audio Society Nominations

Post by Mister Tee »

Sabin wrote:Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
First Man
A Quiet Place
A Star is Born
Some folks over at Awards Daily are trying to sell this as a "shocking miss" for Roma. To which I reply, have you ever looked at this category before? This is classic representation for the group -- two music films, an acclaimed blockbuster, an outer space movie, and a movie centered on the very idea of sound. I know critics praised Roma's sound mix, but the idea that this bunch of techies would go for a subtitled art film instead of movies like this is counter-historical.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Cinema Audio Society Nominations

Post by Sabin »

Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
First Man
A Quiet Place
A Star is Born
"How's the despair?"

Return to “91st Academy Awards”