SAG Winners

ksrymy
Adjunct

Re: SAG Winners

Post by ksrymy »

I can't remember the last time the four actings winners for the Oscars were so clear-cut for so long (as much as I hope Metcalf and Dafoe keep their early frontrunner steam going).

And, yeah, every awards or talk show clip of Chalamet always shows the "It's not Bach, it's so-and-so interpreting Bach" scene.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

And that was the scene they decided best shows off Timothee Chalamet's performance? I mean, I know he's pretty much destined to lose to Oldman now, but they could have chosen a better clip.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
MaxWilder
Graduate

Post by MaxWilder »

delete plz
Last edited by MaxWilder on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

SAG Winners

Post by The Original BJ »

Actor: Gary Oldman
Actress: Frances McDormand
Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell
Supporting Actress: Allison Janney
Ensemble: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

So... is the Golden Globes the only show that's ever going to have any suspense anymore? We had tons of predictions all over the place in all four acting categories that night...and now the Globes, Broadcasters, and SAG have all just rubber-stamped the same quartet. Astonishing that in such a year full of wonderful work that Oscar night could simply feel like a march to the inevitable.

On a random note, I've seen Three Billboards twice, and I have no recollection of Sam Rockwell's clip -- was that scene actually in the movie, or was that a deleted scene that somehow was selected for this awards show?

Return to “90th Predictions and Precursors”