Oscar Family Photo?

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Oscar Family Photo?

Post by Big Magilla »

Jennifer Lawrence and Jodie Foster will present Best Actress. Jane Fonda and Helen Mirren will present Best Actor.

Where does that leave Emma Stone?

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/02/j-law-jo ... 1506220861
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Returning as a presenter this year: Mickey Mouse, who will again co-present Best Animated Short Film.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

Greg wrote:
CalWilliam wrote:Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are presumably presenting Best Picture again.
I have a feeling they will somehow comedically "atone" for last year before they present.
Indeed. This will be extremely exciting. Remember when in past recent ceremonies the Best Picture envelope was about to be opened and we couldn’t care less for some winner’s foreseeable announcement? (Slumdog Millionaire, The King’s Speech, The Artist, Argo...) Truly a unique year, a snafu to be redeemed when we don’t really know which film is winning.
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

CalWilliam wrote:Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are presumably presenting Best Picture again.
I have a feeling they will somehow comedically "atone" for last year before they present.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are presumably presenting Best Picture again.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ix-up.html
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

With politics behind her, Glenda Jackson is making a much-publicized major acting comeback in Edward Albee's Three Tall Women, produced for Broadway by Scott Rudin, co-starring Laurie Metcalf and Allison Pill. It began previews tonight and will officially open March 29th. There's no reason why she couldn't fly in and out of L.A. with Metcalf.

A live hook-up or a filmed appearance by de Havilland from Paris is also possible.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

De Havilland doesn't travel, so you won't likely see her at the show.

Glenda Jackson has turned her back on film and has, to my recollection, been rather blunt about not wanting to talk about her film career, so I highly doubt she would make a trip for that.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Jackson would be quite a surprise, but she might just do it.

Andrews, Poitier and Leachman all reside in L.A., so they would certainly be possibilities.

Redgrave is always working, but mostly in England these days, so she's a big "if".

Nicholson, Gene Hackman and Sean Connery would all be nice surprises.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Glenda Jackson is in the states performing with Laurie Metcalf on Broadway. Figuring they have no performance that night, might they convince her to fly out for the show?
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

It would be so nice if Jack Nicholson appeared again. His last showing up was when he and Michelle Obama gave Best Picture to Argo back in 2013. I love him presenting at the Oscars.

What about Olivia de Havilland? The oldest living legend.

Julie Andrews, Sidney Poitier, Glenda Jackson!, Cloris Leachman or Vanessa Redgrave would make really wonderful surprises as well.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

OK, I got it now. Saint was on the second list, Walken was on the third.

Any guesses as to who else will show up? And, who, aside from Casey Affleck and Kevin Spacey, definitely won't?
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Big Magilla wrote:I think you're onto something.

93-year-old Eva Marie Saint hasn't been officially announced, but she is listed on IMDb. as a presenter, as is Christopher Walken who hasn't been announced either. Saint would be the oldest presenter ever and her appearance would likely lead into the gathering of winners which would also include the nominees and other unannounced attendees after all the acting winner presentations have been made, but before the opening of the last envelope.
Both Eva Marie Saint and Walken have been officially announced as presenters last week.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

She's at the bottom of this press release:

http://oscar.go.com/news/oscar-news/mor ... 018-oscars
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I think you're onto something.

93-year-old Eva Marie Saint hasn't been officially announced, but she is listed on IMDb. as a presenter, as is Christopher Walken who hasn't been announced either. Saint would be the oldest presenter ever and her appearance would likely lead into the gathering of winners which would also include the nominees and other unannounced attendees after all the acting winner presentations have been made, but before the opening of the last envelope.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Oops, I see Eva Marie Saint is also on the presenter list, who is an even earlier winner.

There are also enough previous winners on the list that they could be doing something similar to the group presenting of former winners.
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “90th Nominations and Winners”