Swiss Army Man

ITALIANO
Emeritus

Re: Swiss Army Man

Post by ITALIANO »

Johnny Guitar wrote:Maybe I can address this in one of the politics threads a bit later.

"

Please do.
Johnny Guitar
Assistant

Post by Johnny Guitar »

ITALIANO wrote:
Johnny Guitar wrote:No joke, I liked this sweet, goofy film quite a bit when I caught up with it last month, and thought Radcliffe gave a superb comedic performance. Oscar nomination worthy? Maybe. Too bad though ...
Welcome back! I must admit that I thought of you - and your life now and your view of what's happening in your beautiful but complex country.
Veering way OT ... hopefully nobody minds.

I think of you, and a lot of the old gang here too. What's happening in the US right now is cause for serious concern. To be honest I feel detached from a lot of my friends, though, partly because I think many people are mistaking symptoms for causes, and have been doing so for a long time. We live in interesting times and things might get very bad, here as with a lot of other places. Maybe I can address this in one of the politics threads a bit later.
Sabin wrote:I'm a fan too. I'm not thrilled with some developments in the third act, but just the memory of it puts me in a good mood.
I think the film stretches for sentimentality in ways that don't seem out of character given the tone & scope of what we've already seen. I don't know if that's exactly what you were referencing, but I do recall thinking, "I would usually find this mawkish, and these sorts of choices don't often work for me, but here ... well ... it's moving!"
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Johnny Guitar wrote
No joke, I liked this sweet, goofy film quite a bit when I caught up with it last month, and thought Radcliffe gave a superb comedic performance. Oscar nomination worthy? Maybe. Too bad though ...
At least Golden Globe-worthy.

I'm a fan too. I'm not thrilled with some developments in the third act, but just the memory of it puts me in a good mood.
"How's the despair?"
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Johnny Guitar wrote:No joke, I liked this sweet, goofy film quite a bit when I caught up with it last month, and thought Radcliffe gave a superb comedic performance. Oscar nomination worthy? Maybe. Too bad though ...
Welcome back! I must admit that I thought of you - and your life now and your view of what's happening in your beautiful but complex country.
Johnny Guitar
Assistant

Post by Johnny Guitar »

No joke, I liked this sweet, goofy film quite a bit when I caught up with it last month, and thought Radcliffe gave a superb comedic performance. Oscar nomination worthy? Maybe. Too bad though ...
Greg
Tenured

Swiss Army Man

Post by Greg »

Yes, this is for real.

"Daniel Radcliffe's Farting Corpse Stars in the Movie That's Tearing Sundance Apart:"

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/d ... t-20160125

Return to “2016”