Academy members reveal their votes

For the films of 2015
anonymous1980
Laureate

Re: Academy members reveal their votes

Post by anonymous1980 »

Brutally honest ballot # 2. This one didn't like The Revenant either.
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

Greg wrote:
taki15 wrote:He reminds me of Billy Crystal's quip about movie executives in "Deconstructing Harry".
What is that?
He played the devil and said "For two years I ran a Hollywood studio. But you can't trust those people".
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

taki15 wrote:He reminds me of Billy Crystal's quip about movie executives in "Deconstructing Harry".
What is that?
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

He does sound like kind of an asshole, but I totally agree with everything he has to say about The Revenant.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

anonymous1980 wrote:Here's the first of one of those brutally honest ballots. It's from the Executive branch of the Academy.
Wow! This guy sounds like a bona-fide jerk.
He reminds me of Billy Crystal's quip about movie executives in "Deconstructing Harry".
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Here's the first of one of those brutally honest ballots. It's from the Executive branch of the Academy.
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

The veteran Oscar winning actress must be Melisa Leo. The resume + the empathy with the hardship of filming in the snow leave no other option (I find it hard to believe it's Julie Christie. Maybe Diane Keaton?)
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Well, I said earlier how I feel that actors rarely win with sympathy votes. But if Stallone wins, I suppose this will be one of those rare cases. However, I must say that the category is relatively weak this year, which I think is usually the case when Academy members vote for the performer rather than the performance.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

UGH, the reasons most of those voters give for picking Stallone just make one gag.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Academy members reveal their votes

Post by anonymous1980 »

Here's the annual article on how a small (6 from different branches) sampling of the Academy voted.

In summary, Picture, Director and Supporting Actress are all over the place. But Leo, Brie and Stallone all won their categories handily in this small random sampling so this should bode well for them

Return to “88th Nominations and Winners”